The JERN 12 XF was developed to work very well in small rooms placed close to the walls.
The name JERN®
In Danish, JERN® means IRON, which refers to the cabinet material.
Speakers are a part of our homes just like any other piece of furniture or art, and to most people it is important to have a beautiful and stylish home.
The detailed surface of each speaker is unique to that single speaker. It is just like fingerprints; they look similar but in detail there is no other just like yours.
A new generation
The iron for the cabinet is made from recycled materials and it is good for a lifespan of more than a century.
JERN®12 XF Specificationmechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
|Design||Two way. Phase linear wide dispersion design. Sealed cabinet for best transient response.|
Tweeter: 19 mm SEAS dome tweeter. Wide dispersion. Textile membrane.
A foam cover around the dome absorbs diffractions and gives a smoother frequency response.
Woofer: Special developed Wavecor woofer 5 3/4 inch 146 mm frame.
Excellent midrange performance due to a new wowen and optimized glass fibre cone design. Fibre Glass Cone.
– Rigid steel chassis with extensive venting for lower airflow speed reducing audible distortion
– Vented center pole with dual flares for reduced noise level at large cone excursions
– Heavy-duty fiberglass voice coil former to reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
– Large motor structure for better control and power handling
– Built-in alu field-stabilizing ring for reduced distortion at high levels
– Low-loss suspension (high Qm) for better reproduction of details and dynamics
– Black plated motor parts for better heat transfer to the surrounding air
– Conex spider for better durability under extreme conditions
|Frequency response||45 – 20.000 Hz in room, -6dB at 65 Hz in anechoic chamber|
|Comments||These loudspeakers are developed to work really well close to walls|
|Crossover||The phase linear 6dB/octave custom-made crossover uses a Mundorf polypropylen capacitor and an air core coil. It delivers a fine 3D soundstage.|
|Amplifier requirements||25 – 150W / 4 Ohm Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 86 dB Impedance 4Ω|
Dimensions 30 cm tall, 19,5 cm deep and 21 cm wide. Net weight 12,2 kg