The JERN®12 WP is developed to work without a subwoofer in small rooms close to the walls.
For even deeper bass, a subwoofer can be added below 65 Hz.
The JERN®12 is the new revolutionary compact speaker from JERN®. It is delicate and discreet but it delivers High End audio quality. The key to its performance is all in its design, components and choice of materials.
The name JERN®12
In Danish, JERN® means IRON, which refers to the cabinet material.
Speakers are a part of our homes just like any other piece of furniture or art, and to most people it is important to have a beautiful and stylish home.
The detailed surface of each speaker is unique to that single speaker. It is just like fingerprints; they look similar but in detail there is no other just like yours.
A new generation
The iron for the cabinet is made from recycled materials and is good for a lifespan of more than a century.
Sound quality is an assessment of the accuracy and enjoyability, when it comes to audio output from an electronic device. Sound is all about transferring the soundwaves out of the loudspeaker drivers to you, and reducing disturbing vibrations and noise from the cabinet. Different materials give different vibration levels. Traditionally, speakers are made from wood because of its low cost and ability to reduce vibrations. JERN® focuses on the perfect sound, which is the cornerstone in our production, design, components and choice of materials. The JERN®12 and JERN®14 loudspeakers are made from our special vibration absorbing grey cast Iron (called Vibrakill ® ) that reduce vibrations up to 100 times better than Aluminium. Our cabinets are also much better than MDF and wood. This is our key component to the clear and clean sound that the JERN® loudspeakers delivers.
JERN®12 WP Specification
|Design||Two way. Phase linear wide dispersion design. Sealed cabinet for best transient response.|
|Drive Units||Unique Wavecor woofer 5 3/4 inch 146 mm frame.
Excellent midrange performance due to a new wowen and optimized glass fibre cone design. Fibre Glass Cone
– Tweeter SEAS 19 mm. Wide dispersion. Low distortion due to long excursion. Textile membrane.
– Rigid steel chassis with extensive venting for lower air flow speed reducing audible distortion
– Vented center pole with dual flares for reduced noise level at large cone excursions
– Heavy-duty fiber glass voice coil former to reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
– Large motor structure for better control and power handling
– Built-in alu field-stabilizing ring for reduced distortion at high levels
– Low-loss suspension (high Qm) for better reproduction of details and dynamics
– Black plated motor parts for better heat transfer to the surrounding air
– Conex spider for better durability under extreme conditions
– Gold plated terminals to ensure long-term trouble free connection
– Delivered with foam gasket attached for hassle-free mounting and secure cabinet sealing
Dimensions 30 cm tall, 19,5 cm deep and 21 cm wide. Net weight 12,2 kg
|Frequency response||45 – 20.000 Hz in room, -6dB at 65 Hz in anechoic chamber|
|Comments||These loudspeakers are developed to work really well close to walls|
|Crossover||The phase linear 6dB/octave custom-made crossover uses a Mundorf polypropylen capacitor and an air core coil. It delivers a fine 3D soundstage.|
|Amplifier requirements||25 – 150W / 4 Ohm Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 86 dB Impedance 4Ω|